Points To Consider While Purchasing Commercial Kitchen Equipment
If you are to start or venture into the food business, then choosing the best commercial kitchen equipment must be on your list. Kitchen equipment is quite responsible for the smooth sailing of any restaurant business. In case you are wondering how to choose the finest supplier or the manufacturer for the same keep reading.
Consider these points to opt for equipment according to your preference and requirement in the market:
- Variety and type: With so many varieties and different functions of each piece of equipment, first, you need to figure out your requirement and then look for an ideal supplier that would provide equipment for chopping, grinding to washing dishes, etc. all under one roof.
- Efficient and effective: Commercial kitchens consume approximately 2.5 times more energy per square foot than any other commercial space. Rather than focusing on the up-front expense, consider the factor of lifetime costs associated with running the equipment. It is particularly important when selecting the pieces that require the most amount of energy while running throughout the day or night such as your refrigeration unit.
- Involve the chef: Your set of equipment will have to do a lot with your menu. It would help in keeping a check on what equipment would be needed or not necessarily must be added to the list. It prevents you from spending more on equipment or feature. Your chef can provide a list of specific brands or features needed in the kitchen saving you time and money.
- Kitchen measurements: Make sure you start the purchasing process with a clear sense of the space you’ve allotted for each piece and stick to it. Oversized refrigeration or unit might fit well in your budget but would start a chain reaction of adjustments leading to the job of building the kitchen much more difficult.
- Safety requirements: It is an offense to sell food that does not meet the safety requirements suggested by the government. Especially designed equipment such as blast chillers can help ensure this legislation is met, reducing your exposure to risk and protecting the health of your customers and your hard-earned reputation.
Add these factors to your checklist before going and looking for commercial kitchen equipment for your business in India. To know more about such factors or associated topics, subscribe to our newsletter.